10 Fool-Proof Ways to Lose Those Last 10 Pounds
So you’ve been at it for month’s maybe even years, trying to get rid of those last ten pounds. You’re in decent shape, you work out, and maybe you even do some cardio right? Anyone that has tried to lose weight knows that trying to lose those last five or ten pounds is the most elusive of tasks. Why? Although this is not an invitation for excuses, I will tell you that, no, your scale is not stuck.
You may not be eating enough. Go ahead…re-read that last sentence. If you are like most people trying to lose that last five or ten pounds you probably cut back on your meals thinking “I have to eat less” – WRONG! When you eat less your body keeps more. It thinks you are starving and creates more reserves to keep you alive. You need to eat more. Now hold on a second…I am not suggesting that you eat with a shovel. A big part of losing those deceptive last few pounds is eating healthy meals often. Follow our 10 for 10 guide below and soon the wait (weight) will be over.
The 10 for 10…
1. Eat breakfast every day. Do it within an hour of rising to jump-start your metabolism.
2. Eat more! Eat 5-6 small meals each day, spaced into three-hour intervals. This keeps your metabolism active.
3. Adhere to proper portion sizes.
4. Eat a combination of lean protein and complex carbohydrates at each meal. You need both for proper digestion and nutrient retrieval.
5. Eat sufficient healthy fats every day. Your body needs healthy fats-believe it!
6. Drink at least two liters of water each day. Water is your body’s transport system.
7. Eat sufficient healthy snacks in between meals, such as fruits cold veggies, nuts, etc.
8. Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.
9. Make your last meal three hours before bed. If you eat too close to bedtime, your body will simply add what it does not use to its fat stores-Precisely what we are trying to eliminate.
10. Eat only foods that have not been overly processed or drenched in chemicals, saturated and trans fats and/or toxins.